Each October Salon Bellezza supports the fight against breast cancer by offering pink hair extensions, hand-sewn decorative pink pumpkins, and raffles in exchange for donations. The Bellezza staff travels to Fall festivals, high schools, dance studios, sororities, offices, banks and more to help spread awareness and raise money.
Together, Team Bellezza has raised over $29,000 for The American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer and we are always looking for additional opportunities to raise awareness. To get involved in the 2017 fundraiser, please contact the salon directly.
To learn more about this fundraiser, watch the clip from CNY Central.
How your donation makes a difference in Syracuse, NY:
- The Road to Recovery Program provides transportation to and from treatment and related medical appointments for people who have cancer and do not have a ride or are unable to drive themselves.
- The Hope Lodge® network of communities offers cancer patients and their caregivers a free place to stay when receiving treatment away from home.
- The Look Good Feel Better® program helps cancer patients improve their appearance and self-image by teaching them hands-on beauty techniques to manage the appearance-related side effects of cancer treatments.
- The Reach to Recovery program helps people cope with their breast cancer experience through face-to-face, over-the-phone, or email counsel, guidance, and support.
- The I Can Cope® online educational program is available for people facing cancer and their families and friends. The program is comprised of self-paced classes that can be taken anytime, day or night.
- The Cancer Survivors Network℠ online community is designed to provide a private and secure way for cancer survivors and caregivers to connect with others who share their interests and experiences and provide peer support.
- Cancer information specialists are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling our toll-free information line, 1-800-227-2345.